Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Half of Eric and Our New Vehicle on the News!!!

Well in preparation for winter, we have been looking at vehicles for Joleen to drive for her commute to Walker, CA. Eric's 1987 Chevy Blazer has seen better days, for all that is run in the ground, it has 240,000 miles and is ready for retirement. In Eric's opinion it is just broke in. Joleen's 2000 Honda Accord can handle snow with appropriate tires and 310lbs in the driver side. Heck it could probably even climb Mt. Hood if it wanted to with me in it. (Thats right, I, Eric am bashing myself. =) But alas neither one of these seemed like good options and if you know Eric, you know he wants his Sunshine to be safe.  He would put her in a tank if we could afford it but that's not an option either. (Eric typing again, I looked at one that was for sale here with the Douglas County Auction that was used for the S.W.A.T. but it needed a new cat engine and I could not find one that could do 0-60 in 3 sec. so I opted for the new Chevy Tahoe. Back to Joleen) So if you are following our stream of consciousness blog here...that's right, we bought a new Chevy Tahoe. "What!? Are you crazy you say? Isn't that thing a gas guzzler?" Well, not really because it has a FlexFuel selective cylinder engine which means it goes from V8 to V4 while cruising. It can also utilize ethanol. We looked at trucks and long story short, the Lord made it clear He wanted us to buy this vehicle. We had a great buying experience and even got to witness to our finance manager. How cool is that? So Eric is thrilled. He has new toy with all the bells and whistles...seriously loaded with all kinds of cool stuff. This will keep him entertained for a while. I am not sure if I am going to be able to get it back once the snow comes =-) So one of Eric's companies (he is a corporate safety manager for Bently), Bently Biofuels, opened up their fueling station as of yesterday. Eric got to use our new vehicle as a model for a flex fuel vehicle. Yes, that is the hubby's Cabela's shirt on the television. (Eric here again, I just wanted to fill you in that my agent said they were not going to pay enough for a face shot so I opted for the lower pay check with three commas instead of the usual four. Back to you Joleen) Enjoy the link everyone!

1 comment:

Witness My Fitness said...

Wow! Eric looks great! :) Your Tahoe does too! Congrats on the new car! Doesn't it feel good to make a big purchase together? Troy and I bought our first car together in May...we were so excited about it we couldn't sleep!