That's right, TOTUS as opposed to POTUS. The Teleprompter of the United States of America. Recently as I was in So Cal for a friend's wedding and visiting family (more on that later), the topic of how our president cannot seem to actually speak without the use of teleprompter came up. Seriously, on St. Patrick's Day we saw that the man cannot even act candid as the host of his own party without a teleprompter. It was kind of a Wizard of Oz moment. All that to say a very witty and anonymous individual has started a blog writing in first person as TOTUS. You honestly just have to check it out for yourself: http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/
And while I am not a fan of Rush Limbaugh per se, the transcript in which he dissects the St. Patrick's Day debacle with Ireland's PM is hilarious.
May I venture so far to say that at least Bushisms were original material even when they came out jumbled and unpolished sounding? It sure beats the umms, uhhs and errs when impromptu speech is forced upon Press Secretary Robert Gibbs and President Barack Obama.
I better watch what I say now, huh? This So Cal transplant is still trying to break "like" out of my vocabulary when not used as a simile.
No comments:
Post a Comment