We had a busy weekend with a graduation and birthday party. The boys had so much fun yesterday afternoon that they completely skipped their afternoon nap. Fortunately there were no melt downs but I am not thinking I want to over extend them like that too frequently.
Today was much less frenetic and we got to enjoy the great outdoors. It was windy yesterday but today was nice and warm. After church we headed up to Cascade Lake which is right near Lake
Tahoe. Our friends' landlords have a small cabin on the lake and we
were invited to spend the afternoon there. Eric's parents' also came and we had a nice family day. Since there is only access to the lake through the landowners, it was quiet and peaceful. It was absolutely beautiful
and serene. I am amazed at how we can drive such short distances and
feel so far from the rest of civilization and in the middle of raw
nature. The boys LOVE being outside and were all about playing in the
dirt. Abraham and Winston are becoming such big boys learning to walk
and exploring everything around them. Our little guys actually turned
fifteen months old today so I will be doing their monthly post this
week.
For now enjoy some pictures of the fun. I will also post some cell phone pics later this week.
 |
| The adorable little cabin. Eric is on the balcony with Abraham. |
 |
| A sweet little rock pier in front of the cabin. |
 |
| Winston was having a high old time digging around in the dirt. |
 |
| Mr. Abraham was such a wiggle worm that it was hard to get a decent pic of him. |
 |
| I thought this was funny because it looked like a cigar. It was a little pine stick. Eh, it's good for his immune system, right? |
 |
| Walking around and digging in the decomposed granite. |
No comments:
Post a Comment