The night before we left on our vacation, Eric and I had the chance to spend the night up at Tahoe. That's right. A whole evening with my husband and no little toddlers. It was my first time away from the boys over night. The timing was a little bit chaotic with trying to leave the next morning for vacation but I tried to relax once I was up there and just embrace the time with Eric.
I dropped the boys off in the morning with their Grammy and then dropped off the dogs with a family from church. I came home to do some more packing and it was ridiculously quiet in the house. I managed to get more done in 1.5 hours than I think I had gotten done in the previous two days. The boys had gotten me a gift certificate to get my nails done (I am pretty sure their papa helped with that) for our wedding anniversary. I tend to hold on to gift certificates for a long time but figured I should enjoy my time without the kids so I booked an appointment for a mani/pedi. It just felt nice to have pretty toes and nails. I forgot to take a picture of them all fancied up though. Oh well. I was just amazed that I had actually had manicured nails. After that I drove up to the hotel to meet up with Eric. He was already up there for a mining conference and I was excited to be able to join in for an evening. There was a dinner and reception at a local, well known golf course called Edgewood. Basically we just talked and mingled with other people attending the conference. We would hear about what they did for their companies and then Eric would talk about what he does for his. There were lots of other spouses and significant others there so it was a nice mix of non-business conversation as well.
 |
| On the charter bus headed to Edgewood for the dinner and reception. |
 |
| Whistle. Look at that good looking man. |
 |
| There was so much food and it was all amazing. |
 |
| Edgewood |
 |
| I love him. |
I would love to say that I slept soundly not having the little guys with us but alas I had a really hard time sleeping. The last several months have been really hard with the sleep issue and since it was not my normal environment, it made it even more difficult. The aesthetics of the hotel room were lovely but unfortunately it was really noisy so I had to use my trusty ear plugs. I think that since we were leaving on vacation the next morning my mind was distracted with what I had packed, what we still needed to pack, getting the truck packed in the morning, etc. We woke up in the morning and went to the breakfast buffet that the conference held and did some more mingling and networking. Then we were off to pick up the boys from their Grammy and Grampa's house. The boys did just fine and I know they were spoiled rotten while they were there.
I think Tahoe was a good fit for our first night away from the boys. It was so close by that I think knowing we could be back within a half hour allowed me to relax more. The boys were just shy of eighteen months and were fully weaned. I think those were important milestones for me as a mama as well. I am definitely thankful we got to have that time away together.
No comments:
Post a Comment