Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Driving in Finter

Well it's not winter but I got to experience my first real drive through snow. It is the winter experience in fall so I call it finter.  I had to drive through the Carson Pass, south of Tahoe, to Napa for a work conference. I drove nice and slow and told myself all the driving tips that Eric keeps trying to instill in me because he wants me to be safe. I was the granny driver that kept pulling over in the turn outs to let other cars pass. I am attending the LEA/CIWMB Partnership Conference. I am the LEA counterpart of the conference. LEA stands for Local Enforcement Agency and I act as the solid waste enforcement agency for Mono County. At this conference I am listening to sessions on solid waste regulations from state integrated waste management specialists, industry representatives, and other LEA's that have relevant experience. I only say all that because a lot of people do not understand what I do.  I have a lot of different roles but I act as the solid waste program coordinator for my county. It's a great networking experience but I don't like being separated from my hubby. I really miss him. =-( Hopefully driving back the pass will be clear and I can make it back to Eric this Thursday night quickly!


Red Lake near Carson Pass

Driving very slow and taking a "no look" pic of the beautiful trees

No comments: