Well our Christmas was white! That's right, as I am from So Cal, this was my first white Christmas. The snowflakes had been sporadic over the last weeks but when Eric woke up on Christmas morning and told me to take a look outside I was speechless...our whole yard and street was covered with powdery white snow! It was beautiful!
Adam came for a brief visit on the 14th-18th (if memory serves correctly) so we got to have an early Christmas with him as a family. Unforturnately those pics are too big file size to post and if you wait for me to resize photos then you will never see any =-)
The real start to the holidays for Eric and I was on the evening of the 23rd, Eric lit up the fire pit we had been given as a gift for our wedding and we sat out in the 20 degree weather drinking Bailey's and cofee. Please note when you look at the slide show how our back yard transforms from fall to winter, it's so cool!
Christmas Eve we had the Guddat fam over for a Mexican feast and Eric made his wildly popular carne asada and I ventured into making my first flan!
Christmas Day as I mentioned we woke up to the white stuff and after our breakfast and devotions headed up Kingsbury Grade to see Lake Tahoe. At first there was no lake to see as the sky was white with continuing snowfall but after we a had a quick lunch at the Tahoe Biltmore and started heading back the sun broke through. I literally took dozens of pictures!
Friday was back to work but then we had a great weekend again with an outing to Cabela's to buy snow boots and a dutch oven. Eric is excited about using this for camping in the future as well! Saturday night we had UFC 92 night at Jeff and Harmony's house....again with a Mexican feast and Eric's carne was a hit. Sunday after church we had a young lady's fellowship at Eric's parents' that Alicia organized. We had Fran's home made pizza which is pretty much better than anything else you are going to get. We had a good time and I think a lot of us of got to interact and get know each other better. We also got our customized Christmas gift from Eric's parents...a wood rack! No more multiple trips outside (at least for DH) to get the wood we need to keep the house warm!
http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=132833845
No comments:
Post a Comment