As for news in our neck of the woods, as previously mentioned Eric is getting involved with the Youth at our church again. We recently had a group of the high school boys over for a video game-pizza eating-soda drinking fest. Eric and I had been talking about getting a TV for months and with our tax return money (we try to only make purchases with cash otherwise we don't buy it) we found a sweet deal on a 47'' LCD. The guys a did tourney style rounds of some street fighter game (here I display my ignorance) and Halo. I spent that night at Harmony and Jeff's and when I came back the next morning the games were still going! I think they they all had a good time although minimal sleep was had. Eric made blueberry waffles with the supersweet belgian waffle maker we had gotten for a wedding present. Then the hubby did a reading of a Psalm with the boys. Coincidentally Eric and I have just finished reading through the Psalms together which has been a wonderful experience.
Eric has also started physical therapy and is doing well! No more sling which is really nice but he finds himself in pain a lot. His range of motion is actually really good but as you can imagine his arm does not have much strength and it will take a while to build that back up. The main thing is for him to not over do it which is hard because certain activities don't bother him whereas more simple things that have a different motion really bother him e.g. pulling weeds vs. hanging a picture on the wall.
We had an encouraging Resurrection Sunday and a nice time with family. Jeff and Harmony got to celebrate with us this year as well as a friend of Fran. Another big thing for our family is that as of the beginning of April, Adam has been working out of the Bridgeport area. This means we get to have him at our family functions again! I know Eric is happy to have his brother close by.
No comments:
Post a Comment