So the big news for March was our So Cal vacation and we really had a good time. I think the biggest thing that I am learning as a new wife is that no matter what activity I engage in with my husband, I end up having the best time if I am determined to make the most of that time with him. Case in point: Eric had been signed up for a fire arms class and as it was approaching I thought to myself, "Hey, why not do it together?" I was able to get into the same class as him and it let us spend a good chunk of the weekend together as well as allowing me to gain a greater understanding and appreciation for something my husband enjoys. I walked away from the class feeling more confident around guns. It is easy for people to feel intimidated or scared of something that they don't understand. The reality is that guns are inanimate objects and it is only when a person improperly uses one that tragedy happens. This is where education about fire arms is key. I have been so impressed lately learning how much the National Rifle Assocation (NRA) has done to reduce fire arm casualties through its Eddie Eagle school education program. I am grateful that I have the right to protect myself within my own home and to protect my family (although as it stands now I think Eric does all the protecting). For any of you who have an interest in gun ownership and might not be aware, there is currently a bill being proposed that would outlaw gun ownership by anyone who does have a valid license through a program determined by the Attorney General. This would be a huge infringement on the 2nd Amendment as only those who have been deemed criminals should be prohibited from owning fire arms. To check out the language of the bill, H.R. 45, Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, click here.
If you look at the pics you will see that Eric still has a chicken wing. He did really well however despite being a one armed gimp!
As for other news, Eric and I have been praying for some time regarding involvement in the Youth program at our church. The gentleman who currently heads it up will be heading back to seminary in the fall. After some discussion with the elders it was decided that Eric would shadow Josh Harmon, the current Youth Program coordinator in these next months. Eric can learn Josh's curriculum and be better prepared for the transition. So we get to go to the Youth Activities, Wed. Night Service and Sunday School. All that to say, we are very excited and grateful for this opportunity. Eric and I met through the Riverside Youth Conference so it is a great joy to be able to continue this kind of ministry through our married years.
No comments:
Post a Comment