- Last week we had both a regular OB appointment and our last appointment with the perinatologist. I was supposed to have seen the perinatologist the week prior but had to reschedule. I had my Strep B swab done and I am really hoping that I don't have it. I still have not dilated...seriously. I apparently have a very tough cervix and if I don't go into labor on my own this week, my OB and perinatologist have advised an induction. The whole concept of an induction makes me a bit nervous because of the correlation of pitocin use with higher occurrence of cesarean section. I am using some natural methods of induction given to me by a friend training to be a midwife. It involves homeopathy and natural oils such as borage and evening primrose that have prostaglandins. I will let you all know if it works.
- The baby boys are putting on some weight! Baby A was estimated at 5 lbs. 15 oz. and Baby B was estimated at 5 lbs. 12 oz. Their variance was only 3%. I realize that at 35+ weeks there cannot be the same level of confidence in the accuracy of estimates but I have to admit I felt pretty excited they are so close! We also found out the boys have hair! Their hair was so thick that it was showing up on the ultrasound. I have never had heartburn in my life up until the last few weeks. Maybe that old wives' tale is true?
- We moved during the previous weekend. It was quite the whirlwind. Fortunately it was only a 2.5 mile move so it got done very quickly. We had about 20 people from our church show up to help as well as Eric's family. Things got loaded up, unloaded and the rental house cleaned within 4 hours. It was a complete blessing. Eric has been tying up loose strings like getting the carpets cleaned, sweeping out the garage, etc.
- We feel so blessed to be in our new place. It currently has a lot of boxes and 45 gallon trash bags everywhere but it is coming together.
- We met with our pediatrician and felt really encouraged. We wanted a doctor who was willing to listen to us and think outside the box. Yes, we are delaying and/or not consenting to vaccinations. The pediatrician was awesome about listening to our concerns, validating them and giving us options.
- My family is here! My dad, stepmom Anne and grandma Ida are up here awaiting the boys' arrival and helping us settle into the new place. It may not be pretty but the house is functional. If I go into labor, we have what we need set up and ready. My dad has been helping Eric with the more manly items like adjusting doors, putting in a new air filter, etc. Anne and Grandma are cleaning and organizing machines! I cannot keep up with them. I tried and all it got me was some seriously swollen feet. The swollen feet are also contributing to the insomnia. They have been such troopers and have worked so hard already. Again, I am so completely blessed by them.
- Today, in roughly 5 hours, I have another OB appointment. I am hoping I made some progress in the effacing and dilation department.
- Why do well-intentioned moms keep telling me to get sleep while I still can? Does anyone sleep well this late into pregnancy? Especially a MoM? I have been measuring at 36 weeks or more for over two months. Maybe it just doesn't compute with some people that a multiple pregnancy involves a much longer period of "late pregnancy." I now consider two hours a long run of sleep. Also it's not like I can accumulate or bank up my sleeping. It is what it is.
- I am behind on updating my pics. I promise to get in those last belly shots.
The boys at 18 weeks- the last time they cooperated for a pic.
It make us all the more eager to meet them.

1 comment:
Girl, it's getting close!!!
Love the u/s pic! :)
Post a Comment