Monday, January 23, 2012

A Special Baby Shower

Every baby shower is obviously special because it represents a new little one coming into the world.  Over the weekend though I had the privilege of organizing a special baby shower for my friend Lissette and her little bundle of joy.  Lissette and her husband Ed recently adopted a beautiful baby boy. 

For any of those who have spent time reading my blog, you know that adoption is near and dear to my heart.  I love adoption because God loves adoption (James 1:27).  I love adoption because it represents my faith--that God loved me and adopted me as his child when I was even more helpless than a newborn.  I was dead in my sin but God chose to love me as a child (Ephesians 1:5).  I love adoption because I love babies and children.  I hurt for the barren woman.  I want to see little ones in the arms of parents who love them and care for them.

My friend Lissette has seen the desires of her heart fulfilled in the face of her little Lucas.  In Lissette's words, having a baby does not look like she had imagined but it is even better.  Seriously, her baby is gorgeous. He has the sweetest face and roundest cheeks I have ever seen on a newborn.

The shower was held at our church and we had a great turn out.  Lissette is from the Dominican Republic so many of her family members could not make it but lots of her in-laws were able to make it from out of town and out of state.  Lucas' nursery theme has little cars and automotive stuff so I planned the decorations with that in mind.  Forgive the bad photos. Since I was hosting, I was not able to focus a lot on taking pictures.


 The guest of honor--Mr. Lucas being held by his grandma.

 My dear friend Lissette and me.

Our friend Kaycee that also helped with the shower.

 My first attempt at party poofs.

 The cake turned out great!

A brunch buffet.
 

No comments: