Our little guys are ten months old already! They are definitely looking more like toddlers than the itty bitty babies that we brought home from the hospital. This last month was great with getting to celebrate our first Christmas as a family of four. The boys are starting to learn and pick things up so quickly now. It is a joy and marvel to watch them develop new skills. It's like you can see the wheels turning in their heads when they figure things out and it finally just clicks.
Watching "The Little Mermaid" at their Grandpa Sid and Grandma Anne's house.
Winston on the left and Abraham on the right. Yes, I can tell them apart by the back of their head.
The boys are continuing to cut teeth like it's going out of style. They also grind their teeth which is annoying but I am hoping they will grow out of it soon. Abraham has one front tooth and just cut the other for a grand total of six teeth. Winston has his two lateral incisors (that became clarified after we could see clearly where his front teeth were going to push out) on top making him look like a little vampire baby. His total is also six with four on the bottom. It looks like Winston is going to cut his front teeth within the next couple of days.
With all those teeth, the boys have been gaining more experience with table foods. We have to be really careful though because they choke easily. They don't really chew well despite having those teeth and tear off too big of chunks and then try to swallow. Therefore they are still doing mashed and blended foods. The consistency is getting chunkier though and eventually I know that they will be chowing down. Abraham has made great progress in this area. He has gotten used to eating things that are mashed rather than regular purees. The boys can eat regular food like pieces of bread, pieces of tortilla, small pieces of fruit and vegetables (if not too hard), rice and raisins.
Abraham is my vocal baby. He can have a full conversation with himself that no one else seems to be privvy to. He has the best giggle. Abraham has really gotten into mimicking tones and sounds. You can say hi or yeah ('yay') and he will copy. I say 'hi' when I walk into the nursery after they wake up from their nap and yesterday Abraham said 'hi' to me as soon as he saw me--absolutely heart melting. I think his language is really going to take off here shortly. He has his this little smile that is part mischievious and part shy. He is still very affectionate and gives bear hugs after wrapping his arms around a neck. We have nicknamed him 'Takeaway' because whatever Winston has he automatically grabs for. Abraham loves water and can splash with the best of them. Abraham is very analytical and has quite the attention span for a baby. He likes having books read to him and sitting on a lap to watch a kid's show.
Mr. Abraham with Mr. Winston playing peekaboo in the background.
Abraham showing off his front tooth.
Winston wears his heart on his sleeve. His highs are high and his lows are low. He has a smile that takes up his whole face. He is my sound effect man. He makes all these sounds with his mouth moving beyond his blowing raspberries phase. He is my crawler and can go across a room in a slow and steady pace. He loves gadgets and can be very content holding a remote control or a cell phone. He shakes his head and rolls his shoulders like a little dance when he has attention or is trying to get it. He now does his little dance to music. Winston is a wiggle worm and cannot hold still for too long. He is our little flirt. Eric says he is our politician--out in public he know how to work a crowd. He will sit and play with his brother or have a book read to him for a little while but then needs to get moving.
Classic Winston face.
Winston's little vampire grin.
Right before the Christmas, both boys started saying mum-mum all the time. They also are more consistent with 'da-da' or 'ba-pa' (for papa). Since then the boys have also learned to clap their hands and to do indian calls (is there a more politically correct term for that?). They are becoming more mobile and are figuring out how to crawl. They can finally put themselves into a sitting position.
These boys are have so many similarities and yet they are each their own person. I cherish the moments when one baby wakes up from a nap a little earlier than the other and I get one on one time with one of my boys. I kiss their cheeks, hug on them and tickle them. I look at the baby in my arms and cannot imagine loving someone as much as I do them. Then I hear a squeak over the baby monitor and go in to get my other little guy and I am head over heels in love all over again. For any expecting MoM that may be reading this, don't ever worry about not being able to love your babies equally. The love will be there and it just keeps multiplying.
1 comment:
They are so cute! I love how different they are, so fun!
I too cannot believe they are all becoming more like toddlers...it's crazy!
Post a Comment