This past weekend we all traveled down to Southern California for a mini
family reunion and picture day in honor of my grandparents recently
celebrating sixty five years of marriage. Is that not amazing, sixty five years? My grandparents are such an amazing example of love and commitment to all those that are privileged to meet them. I am so thankful to still have them here with us and grateful that they have been able to see our boys twice now.
My grandma had one desire in honor of their anniversary and that was for a family photo. With all the family, we had forty six souls in the photo. My cousin Kristin, an amazing professional photographer, got roped into taking graciously offered to take the photo. I know it is going to be a beautiful picture and I am looking forward to having those photos to look at for years to come. Getting all of us together for that one day to take a family picture required months of planning. My extended family always lived pretty close together and we would all get together one Sunday a month to celebrate birthdays. My cousins and I have grown up however and we have migrated to different states over the years. I have not seen some of my cousins since before Eric and I were married so it was very special to me. It is amazing how life changes in five years. I am now a married lady and a stay at home mom to two amazing little boys. Most of my cousins have at least three children each so there were a lot of blond little kids running around.
My mom flew up to Nevada and we drove back down to So Cal with the boys. Then my dear husband flew down on Friday night, we had the photos on Saturday and we left early Sunday morning to go back home. Did I mention that Eric arrived home from a work trip very early Friday morning and had to head out again on Monday morning? The man is amazing and I am so grateful that he was so willing to go the extra mile to be a part of the weekend.
 |
| Grandpa and Winston; Grandma with Abraham. The photo shows it was hot and the boys did not nap well. |
 |
| My grandma still has brilliant blue eyes--one link in the family tree where the boys get them. |
 |
| My grandpa is in his nineties. Does he not look good? |
 |
| A family photo- Abraham(from left), Eric, Joleen, Winston, Mom Joanna, Stepdad Kurt, and brother Jeremy. |
 |
| Me and my sweet Winston |
 |
| These sweet little girls were the flower girls in our wedding and they were so happy to watch after the boys. |
 |
| Our little Abraham at the park where we had family pics. |
 |
| Abraham loved the trees. |
 |
| Winston just took it all in. |
 |
| My cousin and her husband hosted the whole family for dinner. They had the perfect back yard for a big family gathering. |
 |
| Almost all the girl cousins. This pic has two sets of sisters so I am the odd one out. |
It was a whirl wind of a weekend but I am thankful we had the opportunity to spend time with my side of the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment