Monday, July 30, 2012

Too Smart and Sometimes Too Naughty

These little boys are really making us laugh lately.  We are learning that they are absorbing sooo much of what we say and do.  Here are some of the happenings around here lately:
  • Eric tends to blow his nose pretty loudly like most men do. When Winston manages to grab a tissue, some toilet paper, a paper towel, etc. he puts it up to his face and proceeds to make a loud zerbert.  Winston thinks this is blowing his nose and he will giggle and smile because he is mimicking his papa.
  • Our boys are thumb suckers and have been since they were about twelve weeks old. They rejected all pacifiers and plopped their thumbs in instead.  The advantage was that they were great self-soothers. The disadvantage now is that we can't take their thumbs away.  When we see the boys sucking their thumbs we tell them, "You don't need to suck your thumb."  They will either pout a little, whine or be totally manipulative and hilarious. They will pull out their thumb, give us a knowing look with a little smile and then put it back in.  If Abraham is sucking his thumb and we tell him not to he will generally listen, but then Winston who was not sucking his thumb to begin with will give a naughty smile and then pop his in his mouth.  Of course we try to be stern when all of this is happening but sometimes we are just trying not to laugh.
  • Abraham has been saying thank you lately. If he is given something or something is taken from him he says "dank ooo."  I was trying to figure out how he had picked it up and I realized I am always telling the boys thank you for when they are helpful and obedient.  Good manners pay off apparently.
  • Eric has been teaching the boys how to "wrestle" lately. This is comprised of the boys laying on Eric while he rolls back and forth pretending to makes noises indicating a great struggle against these twenty pound toddlers.  Now Abraham looks forward to wrastlin' as we like to call it in our house and when Eric comes home he starts to make the "eee-oooh-aahh" sound that his papa makes.
  • Eric taught the boys to beat their chests and make gorilla sounds.  When Eric comes home from work they immediately start doing it and they start giggling. 
  • I pulled Abraham out of the bath tub the other night and while getting Winston out I saw that Abraham started urinating right there on the floor. I dove forward with a towel and explained that pee was only for the diaper or the toilet and never on the floor.  So tonight I got him out of the bath tub and warned him not to pee on the floor and to only do that in his diaper or the toilet.  Sure enough, he proceeds to pee in the exact same spot.  Coincidence?  Highly unlikely.  His face did not look like he was trying to do it in defiance but then again he has a pretty good poker face.
  • Last but not least, you think I would have learned by now to always, always keep the bathroom door closed but I still manage to forget sometimes.  Winston gave me a cue for poop and said the word poop so off we went to use the toilet.  He sat there for a while and did not go so off we went to put a new diaper on.  I was trying to get organized to head out the door and help a friend with packing since she is moving this weekend.  I thought the boys were playing in the living room and called to them from the hall so we could all get in the car.  They were no where to be found and then I heard little voices in the bathroom.  I opened the door to find two little people standing over the toilet bowl with their hands inside.  They grabbed contents from the trash can, the bath tub and everything within sight and shoved into the toilet. I actually thought it was funny but repeated my speech again about how we only use the toilet to go to the bathroom.
Life with toddler twin boys is never boring.




They are all boy, all the time and I just love it. We are so blessed to be the parents to these funny, smart little boys.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Ha! Love the picture of the toilet full of o' fun! :) We finally got locks for our toilets (once they figured out how to open up the doors)----now it's just a matter of remembering to put down the toilet seat, so that the locks actually can do their job :)