I wanted to take some decent photos for our Christmas card but having professional photos done was definitely not in the budget. The nice thing is we have a good camera and we have family that has good cameras. So basically we got people to practice their photo taking skills on us. The day after Thanksgiving we planned on heading to Eric's parents for leftovers. Brent and Fran have a beautiful view of the mountains and we thought that would portray the rural and rustic area we live in nicely. The boys' nap schedule that day got pretty out of whack so we had work with the late afternoon light the best we could. The tones were definitely more gray but since these are winter photos I was quite alright with that. The boys were not too keen on taking photos but we made it work. I am happy with how it turned out and am looking forward to getting our cards mailed out this week.
Thanks to Brent, Eric's dad, and Adam, Eric's brother for being our impromptu photographers. They did a great job.
 |
| As you can see, Abraham had to have Leo the Lion very close by. |
|
|
 |
| Winston and Mama |
 |
| Abraham, Leo and Papa |
By the way, we had a great Thanksgiving. It was quiet and enjoyable. It was just Eric's parents Brent and Fran, Alicia and her fiance Aaron and our little family. I have met my storage quota on Blogger and I have not decided what to do about it yet. I either have to pay for more storage or host my photos on another site. It took me quite a while to add these photos one by one through the direct links on a photo hosting website. If you depend on me to edit the Thanksgiving photos and add them to the blog in such a tedious manner, I am sorry to disappoint you for the endless wait. Blogging is supposed to feel like fun and I do not want it to feel like work. We will have to wait and see what to do about the photo hosting situation but for now I will try to do my best with keeping updates going on here.
3 comments:
What a beautiful family, and a breathtaking backdrop! Those pictures are sure to bless each mailbox they reach :)
I've been having the same problem with blogger. I hit my quota and have been annoyed adding photos to a different site and then adding them to the blog...been thinking about what to do about it. let me know if you come up with any great ideas. I've heard some poeple have good luck with picmonkey and making collages and then adding the collages, but I just haven't had time to try things out, yet. Love the photos, though. They look so cute and fun- especially the lion :)
This is awesome! They look great!
Post a Comment