Thursday, January 13, 2011

Little Pink Badges of Courage

The skin on my belly has finally revolted and said enough is enough.  I now have a developing sunburst pattern around my protruding belly button that is getting pinker by the minute (at least it feels that way).  I have mixed emotions about this.  I am trying to get myself to focus on the fact that my body is doing an unbelievable amount of work by growing and fostering two babies.  The other side thinks on vanity and how my body will never look the same.  I was pretty sure I was going to get stretch marks with pregnancy as I got a decent amount on my hips going through a growth spurt in high school.  So no big surprise there.  After all, I am 29 weeks with these boys and I am measuring full term for a singleton.  I will think of them as little tattoos that memorialize how my body did an incredible job and worked really hard.  I would rather have a belly full of pink marks than these boys come too early.  So here's to baby boys continuing to grow and my little pink badges of courage!

PS- I am not the type to take pics of an exposed belly so you'll just have to take my word on it. 

3 comments:

Cierra Pera said...

War wounds!

Krystle said...

Yes, war wounds...just like Cierra said :)
A reminder after they are long outta there that your body went through so much to keep them safe and healthy!

Anonymous said...

they are mommy ribbons