Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A&W Pics from First Two Weeks

The last two weeks have been exhausting but a whole lot of fun at the same time. I may or may not have worn my pajamas all day. The boys are doing great though and we are enjoying them so much.  There is something about the bleary eyed hours of the morning and being joy-filled at the beauty of your children. They are really developing appetites and all the anxiety about them not gaining adequate weight has dissipated.  Our regular pediatrician was on vacation when the boys were born.  We loved the on call pediatrician but she was fresh off of her residency and very by the book. I felt like a horrible mother because my sons who were less than a week old were not gaining weight fast enough according to her schedule.  Our regular pediatrician made it clear he was happy with their progress and planned on seeing them again for their 4 week check up.  That made this mama very happy. 

My mom came to stay with us for a week after the boys were born and her help was invaluable.  She would take over in the morning so that Eric and I could get some sleep.  Any parent of twins will tell you the first couple weeks are rough and I would heartily confirm that.  Abraham and Winston have sleep and eating patterns that are about an hour separated.  Even when we feed in tandem, one wakes up sooner than the other and very ready to eat.  I realize each week we will develop more of a routine and their needs will synchronize more.  The thing I am happy about is that they are eating and Abraham is beginning to catch up to his brother.  Individually they are both very "good" babies.  They do not fuss unless they want to eat, have a dirty diaper or have an air bubble hurting their tummy.  I feel very blessed.  If there are parents out there that have lived through colicky multiples, you have my deepest sympathy. 

Eric played the role of photographer for the birth and he did a great job.  We have hundreds of pictures and there are so many I love. I can take credit for some of shots.  I am just slightly stubborn...even shortly after delivering Winston I took one of Eric cutting his cord. We have more pics of Abraham shortly after his birth than Winston after his because of the need for Winston to be stablized in the nursery. I am selecting just a few favorites to share.  Hope you enjoy. 

DH took tons of pics of me.  I think I am slightly amused by him here.
One of the final bump shots- 37 weeks and measuring at nearly 48.
My sweetheart of a nurse made me a personalized pitcher.
My hottie of a husband on the narrow bench bed in the hospital room.
Waiting to really touch them.
Go time- shortly after 5:00 pm.
Delivering in the OR just in case.
5:37 pm. Meeting Abraham Simon. 5 lbs. 15 oz.



Winston Carol coming into this world more than 5 hours after his brother.  7lbs. 9 oz.
A very proud papa.
A proud mama with Winston.
The first of many, many smooches.
Big man Winston

Our first family picture.
Sweet Winston.
Brothers.
Heading home from the hospital.  Abraham seems a bit reluctant.
Abraham makes the best faces.




My arms and heart are full.
Love those little feet.
Abraham has snuggle time with papa.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures! I am delivering my boys next week (at 37 weeks), and your pictures and words are making me so excited. Thanks for your post. Your family is beautiful.

The Lane Family said...

I found your blog on mulitples and more and have followed for awhile I not sure if I have ever commented.

Your boys are so handsome and so cute!! I love the picture of your husband and one of the boys. I have a 5 year old and 21/2 year old twin girls...so yes I know about the busyness and crazyness of having two...enjoy, take lots of pictures and sneak in naps and sleep when you can...Life does get much calmer at about 6 months!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Your boys are beautiful!

I delivered my twin daughters vaginally at 38 weeks last January, so I could so relate to your end of pregnancy discomfort. I also had a baby b who had some NICU time, though she and her sister were only five minutes apart!

I have a few great blog posts on breastfeeding twins at my place and I really try to do a twin related post every Monday(but I missed this week!) I'd love to have you join in the conversation!