Friday, June 10, 2011

Random Friday

It's Friday! Here's to (hopefully) sleeping in this weekend.

Part of the jumble in my head:

-Our baby boys are three months old today. I am feeling sad that they are leaving the newborn stage but loving how expressive they are becoming.
- The boys are having a bit of a setback in the sleeping department. Abraham is still doing really well and will typically do one feeding during the night and go right back down to sleep. Winston wakes up, feeds and sometimes thinks it's time to play. It's okay because I know they are able to sleep longer periods and it makes me feel encouraged. The main thing is that they are healthy and growing and it just may be they have to nurse at night for a while longer.
- Eric bought a BOB double jogging stroller for only $40 at our local thrift store. I used to be a runner but life events have removed me from an activity I really enjoy. Hopefully this summer I can start getting back into it. First, I need to work on rebuilding my core before I start more strenuous exercise. I have abdominal muscle separation (diastasis recti) from my twin pregnancy and I don't want to risk a hernia.
- I really want my house to be organized. And decorated. Did I mention organized? We have been in our new house for three months and we still have boxes to unpack and a garage to clean out. Time, energy and money are scarce resources around here and exactly the things needed to get that stuff accomplished. I think it has taught me patience. It will eventually happen and all the more gratifying when it does.
- Work has been going really well. I have been working on lots of documentation for the EPA. It's good to be busy and to feel good about my work. It's hard to be gone from the boys during the day but it makes me thankful that I can excel at work and help provide for my family.
-After taking a sabbatical for the last few months, Eric is back teaching the Youth Bible Study on Wed. nights. Also Riverside Youth Conference, a big kick off to our usual summer schedule, is right around the corner. I will be staying home with the boys this time around.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Big Red and Rosebud said...

Hi Jolene, I'll miss you at the conference but I know that babies are important. :) I enjoyed talking to you and Erick last time I went. Hope you can come again another year! -Heather Mills