Yesterday I entered a new decade. I pretty much reconciled this birthday last year already with turning twenty-nine and the impending arrival of our babies. My twenty-ninth year was an amazing year of personal and spiritual growth. Giving birth to twins will tend to do that to someone. I have grown (and continually grow) in patience and self-control. There is nothing like looking at two cranky babies and realizing that how I react will be a lesson to them in how to behave.
This is what my life at thirty looks like:
The day to day activities in my life are by no means glamorous but my life is spectacular nonetheless. I am married to the love of my life. We have two vibrant and beautiful children. We have a home together--a place of messes and meals where we can nurture our family. I am part of a church that has become family and where I get to hear the Word of God faithfully preached. I have friends and family in my life that love me. I want for nothing physically and I am more privileged than the majority of the people in the world. I am supremely blessed.
Over the weekend I got to have an awesome date night with my husband and a dinner party with Eric's family (where the lovely pics came from). On my actual birthday however it was an ordinary day. Well, the boys actually had a not so good day. I am not sure if they are fighting a cold or if it is just new teeth trying to come in again. Somehow the day seemed very apropos though because being a wife and mother is indeed my calling. I got to celebrate by cherishing what I have despite those outbursts by A&W mixed in.
My youth as categorized by society may be fading or some may even say it is gone but I think I am just entering my prime. I have a lot to look forward to so I am greeting my thirties with a smile.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Great pictures, you look so happy!
My 30th will be the end of next year, it seems crazy to me!
The boys are so adorable!
I'm only 32, but I can already say that my 30s are better than my 20s. For a lot of those reasons you mentioned. Great family, great home, great church family, surrounded by friends and family who love me and my family. And---I'm more grown up--seasoned :)
You look radiant. Happiness is often what I notice on people more than age, anyway :)
Post a Comment