Photo credits- Harmony Hilderbrand Photography
This was me a little more than a year ago. Last February we had a fresh blanket of snow here in the valley and my friend Harmony took my maternity pics. I was as big as a house and was hiking through the snow and balancing on a rock trying to get the shots we had discussed. Harmony is a good friend hunkering down in the snow and sharing her talent with me in that way. I look back at it and am amazed at how active I stayed and what I was still doing at that point. I was blessed with such an incredible twin pregnancy--no gestational diabetes, pre-term labor, bed rest, etc. I loved being pregnant with my boys. There were some hard moments like when they were both breech and I felt like my ribs were going to break but overall it was an amazing experience. Now I am a mother to two children. With the boys approaching their first birthday, I am obviously very nostalgic. No one feels beautiful while they are pregnant but I look back at these photos and I feel like I looked beautiful. My body carried two babies to 37 weeks and it makes me feel strong, empowered and in awe of how God designed my body to accomplish that feat.
I feel like this whole past year lept past me. I kept thinking it was March for nearly the past 12 months so starting tomorrow I will finally be back on track. You always hear that time goes faster as you get older. It is a cliche but there is a reason it is a cliche, because it's true. I look at how our family has grown not only physically but emotionally and spiritually. Let me tell you people, you will learn what your marriage is made of when you have newborn twins. The process of having two babies at once is stressful, crazy, exhausting, wonderful, exhilarating and absolutely amazing. I look at these photos and I see how I was joyfully anticipating A&W's arrival but that ultimately I could not expect all that it would entail. You try to prepare yourself for how hard it is going to be but you just have to be there before you can understand. I have a new sense of fulfillment from being a mom (or should I say MoM) that I would not trade for anything however.
Next leap year I will be mothering two very talkative and high energy little boys. The thought thrills me.






No comments:
Post a Comment