We had a great weekend as a family and enjoyed some fabulous spring weather. Eric came home from a work trip on Friday night. We had a little party planned at our house for Saturday evening and had friends and neighbors over. Sunday was church and I had nursery duty. I do not normally put the boys in nursery because of the fear of germs. It was incredibly sweet however to see them play with other little kids their age. Our church had a lot of little boys born in late 2010 and early 2011 so it was great seeing our boys trying to keep up with the other little guys. I am seeing that A&W need to learn to share better and not try to take over what other little kids are doing or playing with. Later on Sunday we went to Eric's parents' house for a barbecue and got to visit as a family.
On Memorial Day we went to our church's annual picnic which is held in a local park. The boys were a little nervous about being outside with all the noise and people but soon were loving all the room to explore. We brought their little walker toys and they got some serious distance on those things that day. It was the first time my little men got their shoes all dirty and filled with rocks. Watching our little guys truck around on their walkers and explore in the grass was an amazing moment for me. Memorial Day weekend is always a nostalgic time for me because it is an anniversary. Four years ago I packed up all my earthly belongings into a U-Haul and left Southern California for my new home in Nevada. Eric and I were engaged at the time and I had secured a job and needed to start that next week. I left a career that I loved and was really good at, my condo, my family, my friends and my church to create a new life with the man I loved. It was hard and the following months and years have not been without their difficulties. This past weekend I got to see my sweet boys exploring the world around them and their papa so clearly delighting in them and it was just another affirmation of how blessed I am and God's sovereign plan in my life. Last Memorial Day was difficult with
colic and teething issues and I was disappointed to not spend that time as a family enjoying the holiday. I was reflecting on how different our lives are since last year. I was working full time with two tiny babies and wondering if I was ever going to be a SAHM. God has been so faithful to us and it is amazing to see how far He has brought us.
I am thankful for the life God has given me here in Nevada. I am thankful for my marriage and the wonderful husband Eric is to me. I am thankful for what a loving and tender papa he is to our boys. I am thankful for my precious Abraham and Winston. I am thankful that I live in a country with countless freedoms and for the lives that paid the ultimate price so that I could know what liberty is.
Life is good because God is good.
 |
| Abraham with his friend Audrey. |
 |
| Mr. Winston would keep letting go and practice his standing. |
 |
| Winston can keep standing now with no problem. |
 |
| Winston was racing despite Abraham getting pushed. |
 |
| Truckin' along |
 |
| Abraham and Auntie Alicia |
No comments:
Post a Comment