Wednesday, October 31, 2012

My Deputy and Jailbird

Here is the short version:  We are ambivalent about the whole Halloween vs. Reformation Day thing.  Eric and I had fun memories of dressing up as kids and thought it would be fun to put the boys in costumes.  We handed out candy to the kids in our neighborhood and it was fun.

Abraham had a really bad runny nose so I did not think it would be a good idea to go around the neighborhood trick or treating. Basically I got them dressed up for my own amusement and the cuteness factor in the pictures. Last year at this time, the boys had their first cold and I was so disorganized that I did not even have candy for the neighbor kids.  This year was therefore a huge improvement for us.  Next year we may actually get the boys out to some festivities in their costumes!

Here are my very reluctant deputy sheriff and jailbird:

Abraham the jailbird and Winston the sheriff's deputy

Winston seems bored with his jailbird watching duties.

Abraham:  "I was framed I tell you, framed!"
Death stare.
Perfect!

Jailbird stole the deputy's hat.

Hey deputy, do you see what he is doing over there?
They obviously have very different reactions these days when the camera is upon them.

2 comments:

Shelly Cunningham said...

Such a cute costume idea. I love it!

Emily B said...

How cute! But poor Abraham doesn't look very happy about having to be the bad guy.