Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Visit

We finally made it to the local pumpkin patch at Corley Ranch.  We never made it last year when the boys were seven months old because it got really hectic with Eric starting his new job.  At the time I thought, "It does not matter because next year they will actually be able to walk and it will be a lot more fun and the pictures will be a lot cuter."  Oh man, I can be naive sometimes.  At least with seven month old twins you can lean them against a pumpkin, make some funny noises and get them to smile for pics. Instead we had two little boys who had just woke up from their nap and were being really strong willed. I imagined taking pics of my little guys walking amongst the pumpkins and laughing in the late afternoon light.  Again, I was totally deluded.  These kids took off in opposite directions and thwarted any efforts on my part to take posed shots.  That is not to say we did not have fun though.  We did have fun knowing that the boys were so excited about the pumpkins and all the cool stuff there.  Eric and I were talking about how next year the boys would enjoy the mazes, the animals, train and all the other good stuff much more.

Here are some of the better photos that we were able to snag.  Thank goodness for being able to shoot continuously on a SLR.  There is no way there would be any photos of the boys smiling otherwise.


"Boys, this way, to papa.  Please, go to papa."
This kid and his million dollar smile.



Abraham was interested in the pumpkins for about thirty seconds and then took off again.
 

Winston:  "Look at all this dirt I can play in!"





Yep, that is dirt on Abraham's face.



This was as good as it got for the cute posed picture.


And Winston is off yet once again.
Abraham was really into pushing the wagon.


They quickly became obsessed with this wooden train car.
I am laughing because I tried to get them to sit with me for a pic but they just wanted to go back inside.







These boys are exhausting but also a complete joy.  I love these moments that we get to spend as a family.  I love having a family.  It makes me all the more excited for the holiday season this year. 

No comments: