Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Nineteen Months!

I got behind on adding photos of the little guys for this post but I have been working on it since they hit the nineteen month mark.

These boys are becoming such funny little people.  Everyday there is something the boys say or do that Eric and I just crack up over.  Some examples:

  • This past week Abraham woke up before Winston and I brought Abraham into the bedroom to say good morning to Eric.  Eric was getting dressed for work.  Abraham gave him a hug and proceeded to stroke his bare chest and say "fur."  Hilarious.  We had no idea that he knew about animals having fur or what fur was.
  • Now when the boys start competing and fighting over a toy, they will look at me and point to their brother and say "share!" quite emphatically.
  • One evening when family was visiting, Winston was whining and he did not even know why he was whining.  I try to redirect him when he does this and ask him to use his words if he needs something.  He hemmed and hawed and looked at a cup on the coffee table and decided he would say cup as an explanation for the whining.  It was so apparent that he was winging it and making up a problem that everyone started laughing.  It was clearly not the reaction he was looking for. 
  • The boys can be quite messy with their food based on what they're eating.  They can end up with refried beans or spaghetti sauce all over their hands and faces.  I often tell them that they are a mess and I proceed to wipe them off.  They now understand what a mess is and will help reiterate it by telling me "a mess" when they see things that need to be picked up. 

Tinkering on Uncle Adam and Auntie Ally's piano.
So sweet watching this.
Winston LOVES his baby cousin.  He does well with being gentle with her and loves to give her kisses.

They are constantly coming up to me with toys or things they steal out of drawers and cabinets and show them to me proudly and try to identify them.  They give their best guess as to what it is with their limited vocabulary and then I tell them what the right word is. They are beginning to identify shapes and understand the difference between an oval and a circle from me showing and telling them.

Sweet Winston.
They find laundry baskets very entertaining.
They either slide them across the floor or lay inside of them.

These boys love wrestling and wearing hats.  Their favorite toys are their haul trucks.  They loop around the house constantly and give their other toys rides in the beds of the truck.  They can identify the sounds of animals: pig, duck, cow, horse, cat, dog, rooster, bird, etc.  They have upwards of a hundred words now and gain several more each week.  They know the letters A, B and C and the numbers 1-5 but have a hard time with maintaining sequence.  They can identify their head, hair, eyes, mouth, teeth, belly, hands, fingers, foot and toes.  They are beginning to be really good with asking for help.  Right now the big day to day challenge is just teaching them patience and empathy.  They communicate what they want and they think it means immediate gratification.  They steal toys from one another and sometimes get too rough.  Then there are shrieks and tears and I give the "be kind and loving to your brother" speech yet once again.

Abraham is a little stinker.

Papa getting the boys to laugh.
Seriously, I die.
Seriously melts my heart.
Look at those giggles!
Brotherly love.
I need to look at these sometimes to remind myself that they really do love each other.
Goofballs.
My Winston has such a sweet smile.
Abraham showing off his muscles.


No comments: