Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pediatric Opthamologist and Cousins

Today we took the boys to Reno for a pediatric opthamologist appointment because we had noticed that Winston's left eye would stay dilated when looking at light. We knew that dilation was not a voluntary muscle coordination movement and knew it could be serious. Of course from the times we observed his eye doing this until his appointment, it did not happen anymore. The doc was great with him and I am glad there are doctors that specialize in such things. He said that there was lack of coordination with his left eye, it moves inward and his lid droops more but could detect nothing wrong structurally that would indicate a long term problem. We will go back in 2 months for a check up during which the doctor seemed pretty confident it would be self-resolved. We were glad to hear that and glad to have erred on the side of caution.

We rarely make the drive up to Reno so we wanted to take advantage and visit with Eric's cousin Amy and her new baby Lorelai. Unfortunately we did not get to see Amy's husband Jon but it was a nice visit nonetheless. Eric and I had so much fun growing up and playing with cousins and extended family. We have a strong desire for our kids to have the same thing. It's a lot of fun to be entering this stage of life, raising our young families, with Amy and Jon. Lorelai was born 12 days after our boys; Amy went 40+ weeks and I went 37 weeks. We joked that we were going to be in the hospital at the same time. Lorelai is so tall looking for a baby and very girly looking. I realize my burping and squirmy babies are all boy compared to little Lorelai. As I had mentioned before, we named our boys after their paternal great grandfathers. Winston Carol is Grandpa Guddat's namesake. Grandpa Guddat passed away this last July. Amy knew she was pregnant and I had an inkling that I was. We were sad knowing that we could not tell Eric's grandpa the happy news but grateful that Grandma Guddat had so much to look forward to in 2011 despite her grief. She gained her three great grandchildren in less than 2 weeks!

So here's to Grandma Guddat, your grandchildren and great grandchildren:



Amy and Abraham (Winston was sleeping)



Eric and Lorelai



Little babes lined up in a row.



Abraham, Winston and Lorelai

No comments: