I was planning on doing a little chirpy 'Random Friday' post yesterday and giving some brief updates on the boys' teething, new things they are learning and some things about Eric and me as well (because the blog originally had stuff about us and not just babies). Yesterday was a weird day however and it took the wind out of my sails. The good news is that I did get out of the funk I was in earlier in the week and was able to end the week well. Our babysitter's daughter had a virus so we had to get creative with our work schedules for the week to cover child care. Fortunately their grammy Guddat covered a day, I worked from home on Thurs. and we each took a half day yesterday so that A&W were well taken care of. I got home at lunch time so that Eric was able to go in for the afternoon. He had great news for me and I was a happy little camper for the afternoon. The boys were pretty fussy after their naps. Let's just be honest, they were screaming at moments but I was not deterred because I was determined to be in a good mood. Then Eric called me at the end of his work day and he told me bad news. It was like a sucker punch. I am not trying to be cryptic and will happily share when it's time but to do so now would be acting on emotion rather than rationality. Proverbs says that a woman without discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout (11:22). Fantastic imagery right? And I don't want to be that woman so I am going to process stuff for a while longer. I can say that I am immensely proud of my husband and the type of person that he is--loyal and hard working.
It was the oddest day of our married life. It was not the worst day, not the hardest day just...confusing. A high to low to asking the Lord what is happening to us right now. God is faithful and we are all well. Our marriage is strong. Babies are healthy. Eric and I are healthy. We need to just keep truckin' along. We would appreciate your prayers right now. We really need wisdom in helping raise our little family.
On a funnier note, we tried to take A&W in to take some photos today. A co-worker had a daughter that got hired by a local studio and she needed babies as models. It was free for the sitting so we thought it would be fun. Not.fun.at.all. The boys did not nap well this a.m. and they were really fussy (read screaming at times). I think we lasted ten minutes at the studio and told the sweet high schooled age photographer that it was not going to work and headed home. So with getting ready and the drive it was a waste of three hours. And that is life with two babies, totally unpredictable. Maybe it was not funny per se but in a situation like that it's necessary to keep one's humor. I could just see the proofs of the few pictures they took in my head--smiling mom and dad and two crying babies.
Hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment