- I am really glad it's almost the end of the week. I have been feeling utterly exhausted and I am pretty sure it's because these boys are going through a growth spurt. Hello stretch marks!
- My dad, stepmom and grandma are coming for a visit this weekend. Typically cleaning is in order when guests come but I am too tired. I actually like cleaning (is that weird?). Blogging has apparently replaced cleaning. It says something about me when I am too tired to clean.
- Family loves us, whether we have a dirty house or not, so I am looking forward to seeing them.
- My babies shower is this weekend hence the visit from family. A shower for two babies is being held in my honor this weekend. That is very surreal to say. Incredibly wonderful and humbling, but also surreal.
- I catch a glance of myself in the mirror these days and think, "Who is that really pregnant lady?" I guess I am still not expecting to look the way I do.
- Not to contradict the previous random thought but I am starting to feel really pregnant. My belly feels like it is going to split in half and if I move too quickly it's like little knives in the ribs. At this point, it's not too bad because I still get a decent amount of sleep. If I could not sleep I would be really sad.
- I was reading a blogger talking about first time moms thinking they deserved a medal for carrying a child in their womb. I am not that first time mom. I would love people to stop asking me about my apparent pregnancy and having to answer the same questions for the umpteenth time that day. Yes, I am pregnant. Can we just leave it at that?
- I sure don't feel very glowy (is that a real word or did I just make it up?). I have the lovely mask of pregnancy darkening every mole and freckle. I feel like I look dingy.
- I love feeling my babies move around. It gets uncomfortable but what a joy to feel my little sons kicking and pushing. I get to have this special relationship with them for such a short time. I want to cherish every moment because I know when they are here I will miss it.
- Dear husband feels much better than last week but now he has that productive cough thing going on. We both sound like we're choking when we laugh.
- Eric and I finished up our childbirth education class this week. We even got a certificate!
- Life is good. I am grateful to be pregnant and I don't take it for granted.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Random "It's Almost Friday" Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel ya....I wish sometmes I could hide the belly. Can we talk about something else here?? I have answered your questions 50 times today.
One of the reasons I am only going to one service at church each weekend instead of the two I usually attend...sounds bad huh? :(
Enjoy your shower! I had a blast at mine (feels like forever ago) and I'm sure you will get all you need!!
And I'm jealous of your sleep ;)
Oh how I wish I could come to yoru shower!! Boo hoo!! Can't belive I'm missing it. I'll have to make it up to you with loads and loads of goodies! :)
You sound like many moms with just a few weeks to go. So take heart dear friend, the time is near. Can't wait to meet them.
BTW- before Mav was born I wouldn't go to church the last two weeks because I just couldn't stomach the "OH! You're STILL pregnant?" comments. OBVIOUSLY I'm still pregnant!
Post a Comment