As for the shower, it was wonderful and I was so blessed. So many ladies from our church came to share their support and celebrate mine and Eric's joy. Since we live in a rural area, many families drive an hour or more to attend church and I don't take it for granted they made the drive that day and then were going to do it again the next day. My dear friends Harmony and Jolene organized some games. My MIL, SIL and Jolene's mother-in-law Judy, the hostess, got everything set up. There were numerous hands that I know were involved behind the scenes to make it all happen. We played a game called "Who Knows Mommy Best?" It was basically a little questionnaire about my childhood, the pregnancy and mine and Eric's relationship. I figured it would be a hard game for most of those attending since I have only lived in NV for 2.5 years. Apparently I was right and my stepmom and grandma tied for the most correct answers and even they only got half of them right. We then played a game where people had to cut a length a string that they thought would be the circumference of my belly. Most people cut way more string than necessary which I thought was funny. Interestingly, it was a little grade schooler attending the shower with her mom that got it almost exactly right. We then had lunch, my MIL did a devotional on the aspects of biblical motherhood and the presents were opened. The ladies were all so generous and Eric and I were so blessed to be provided with so many of the things we needed for the babies. It is a blessing that our Jehovah Jireh provided for us through the body of Christ. I can't imagine if we had to buy all those items ourselves. We also now have a good supply of diapers!
Sunday we had church and I spent the rest of the day relaxing with my visiting family members. My parents wanted to take me out for an early birthday dinner and we went to a local favorite Italian restaurant. It meant so much having my family there for the weekend for such a big event in my life. Baby showers are definitely a special season in life. I am going to be a mom...times two. I am still trying to grasp that at times!
I have some pics below. Harmony acted as the official unofficial photographer for the event and I know her pics will be awesome. At least you can get a small idea of what the day was like from the few I took.
Heading out the door in my $9.00 dress!
Just shy of 32 weeks
Jolene, Joleen and Harmony
Two pairs of baby booties on the cake
Stepmom Anne, Grandma Ida, me, SIL Alicia, MIL Fran and hostess Judy
No comments:
Post a Comment