- Baby gear: Our mini co-sleepers that we are going to use as bassinets were delivered. We opted for two separate co-sleepers for the babies so that we could order the movement sensor baby monitors. Eric has been on a SIDS call when he working with the fire department and felt that we should get the monitors for our own peace of mind. We also got the car seats and stroller ordered. Once those items get here, we will have all we really need for these babies to come.
- I had my first round of NSTs (non-stress tests) this week. Both of the boys were looking good. Baby B was kicking the belt monitor so hard they thought I was having sizable contractions. The nursing staff was great and to err on the side of caution, swabbed me for fetal fibronectin (fFN). The test was negative so I am confident I could reach at least 35 weeks with these little guys. The second NST was also showing contractions however so they gave me a dose of terbutaline. That stuff made me feel like I was going to crawl up a wall . It felt like I had drunk way too much coffee. Hopefully I can avoid it next time.
- We signed all of our loan paper work for the new house. We are awaiting one repair to be finished in the house and then we can fund our down payment. Once funded, we can close in a couple of days. I am really looking forward to having a bigger kitchen and more cabinet space to organize things.
- We did our taxes. We aren't expecting a large return this year but feel grateful we don't owe. I have to say that everyone should be wary of using a franchised tax service, particularly one that has initials with an H and R (am I being clear enough?). They really messed up our return last year and our underwriter caught it when doing our loan. So now we are in the process of having them file an addendum and pay what we now owe the IRS plus penalties.
- I got my hair did. I went back to a brighter blond and a shorter a-line bob. I feel much less frumpy now. You will all get to see it when I post my next baby bump photo.
- More baby gear: We scored two sets of baby swings from a garage sale where a MoM was getting rid of stuff. One pair of swings is a solid, stationary set and the other is a smaller, mobile set that we can bring with us to grandparents, friends, etc. We got a great deal. Now I am just taking off all the liners and washing them.
- Starting next week I am starting my maternity leave! I am going to be doing some part-time hours from home via a VPN account so that I can stretch out my FMLA leave. I have been so blessed to have been able to work as long as I have. At this point it is just too difficult for me to sit in my office chair for approximately 8 hours. Working from home, I can partially recline and be a lot more comfortable.
- I kind of dread going out in public now. People feel the need to make comments and ask way too many personal questions. Just a few more weeks.
- We are getting really excited about meeting our boys. It is feeling really real now!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Weekly Wrap-up
We had a busy and productive week. We are getting geared up for moving into our new house and the babies' arrival:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment