Monday, July 4, 2011

Adam and Ali's Engagement

So we are enjoying a great holiday weekend.  Today I am going to use some of my extra time to catch up on some posts.  I am feeling way better than I did last weekend and the boys did not catch what I had, praise God.

Over Memorial Day weekend, I had posted that Eric's brother had gotten engaged.  Adam and Alisha have known each other since they were kids and Alisha is my sister-in-law Alicia's best friend.  Yep, our boys are going to have two aunties with the same name!  Alisha is also known as Ali so I think that is what will help the boys down the road when they are learning names.  Adam had been planning on a proposal and wanted Eric and I to be there when the big day arrived.  Adam was our photographer when Eric proposed to me so now it was our turn to offer the same service.  The guise of the evening was that Eric and I really needed an evening out and we were going to have dinner somewhere up in Tahoe.  We met in the later afternoon at Eric's parents and headed up the mountain.  Now the weather forecast was pretty foreboding and Adam was worried about it ruining the special day.  Eric encouraged him that Ali was not going to care if the weather was lousy and if anything it would make it all the more memorable.  As we started driving around the lake it was looking pretty gray and dreary.  Adam decided to pull over at a favorite turn out of his and Ali's.  Popcorn snow started falling and I figured there was no way she was expecting what was about to happen.  Adam convinced her that they should walk out to the rocks so that Eric and I could take some pictures of them.  She was a great sport although she was probably wondering why she should walk out in the cold and wind in high heeled boots to take pictures.  Standing out there they had their moment and we got it all on camera (as in hundreds of photos).  The proposal is truly their story so I do not want to over share their personal anecdote;  I am giving the perspective Eric and I had as their special guests.  So enjoy the pictures as they are worth a thousand words:
 Adam is ready and excited and Ali is wondering why we are so gung ho to walk in the cold...
 Eric took some pics of me so it was not totally obvious as to why we were there...
Falling snow...
 After encouraging Ali to walk out on the rocks, they take in the view...
 Our "first" date, twelve weeks after the boys were born...
The big moment...
 There was a happy yes...
and lots of joy...
an excellent dinner...
 
 more congrats and Wayne Mack's Preparing for Marriage God's Way for an engagement gift.

No comments: