Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

This week:
- I took Winston to his follow up appointment with the pediatric opthamologist. His outward turning eye has corrected on its own so we will not have to bring him back until he is two years old just to make sure there are no further problems. Crazy to picture him as a talking, walking toddler the next time we walk into that practice.
-In taking only Winston to the doc, I confirmed my suspicion that having one baby is immensely easier than having two. Seriously, bringing one baby, even the fussier of my two babies, was way easier than trying to take them both. Abraham stayed with Grammy during that time. It was the boys' first time being separated for any real length of time except the few hours in between their births and subsequent care.
- Eric was the sponsor at our godchild's baptism. Although I grew up in a paedobaptist home, the Lutheran ceremony was completely new to me. It was and is a true honor to be asked to take such a huge role in their child's life. It was great being able to meet Alexandra and spend time with the Sulprizios.
-I learned that a close friend from college lost her 4.5 year old son. He had Joubert syndrome with which he was diagnosed in the womb. My friend and her husband chose life and through little Titus experienced a love and sanctification they probably never knew was possible. I wept a lot at the news because as a new mother I was trying to imagine their loss. They have been such wonderful testimonies in the way they loved their child and now are resting in the knowledge that their little son is worshipping Jesus. Even though I have not seen my friend in years, her love for her family has had a very big impact on me.
-Abraham and Winston are getting more precious with each day. I do not take it for granted that we have been blessed with two healthy boys. They smile in such a way that tells us that they know we are their mama and papa and that they love us too. It's truly awesome in the literal definition of the word.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: