Our sweet little nugget is two months old already. I have come to deeply appreciate in the last couple of weeks what an easygoing baby he is. He is a very happy little guy and because he is a singleton I feel like learning his little baby language and meeting his needs is much easier. We are crazy about this baby.
.jpg)
Matthias's colic and witching hour issues seemed to pretty much resolve by 6-7 weeks. He did not have the discomfort cries in the early to late evening as frequently and we stopped using the gas drops on a regular basis. He started going down for bed a lot easier. Here is the amazing thing: he takes a pacifier. Yeah, I know that is no big deal to all those moms that had babies who easily took to them but for me it has been a total game changer. Let's say he starts to fuss an hour and a half after eating. I was having to rock him, comfort him, carry him everywhere, try to get him to sleep and in general make him happy. I noticed that when he was tired he would suck his hands and I knew he was not hungry so I just kept offering the pacifier until he took to it. Now when he is tired, it is pretty easy to get him down since his sucking reflex is met. It has really changed car rides and I think a big reason why the road trip to Southern California was so successful.
.jpg) |
| Hair all combed after a bath and a dapper little outfit. |
.jpg) |
| Sleepy smiles right after waking up. |
His first stretch of sleep at night is generally 4-6 hours and then another 3 after that. This means 1-2 wake ups at night dependent upon how long that first stretch lasts. He sleeps in a co-sleeper bassinet in our room which is really handy. Matthias is a happy little guy first thing in the morning and likes to smile and coo while his diaper is changed. He then will take a good long nap in the morning while I feed the older boys breakfast. He has fallen into predictable eat, wake and sleep patterns and I make sure that he eats at least every 3 hours during the day. He has grown to like his swing more now that he takes a pacifier and takes quite a few naps in there. Matthias discovered the mirror at the top of the swing and smiles at his reflection.
.jpg) |
| 8 weeks |
He is not a big fan of tummy time but gets plenty of time to strengthen his neck by being held upright and being worn in a carrier. He actually rolled over at 5 weeks and 6 days for the first time but has not done it since. I felt bad because he was in the dining area which I can easily see from our open kitchen and the older boys needed to go potty. He started crying when I was helping Abraham and Winston and by the time I got back was on his back and was starting to calm down.
.jpg)
At his two month appoinment he weighed 12 lbs. 13 ozs. and was 24 inches. He is basically a tall baby and while at a heavier than average weight, is very proportional. He outgrew the 0-3 month clothing because it was too short but there was still plenty of room around the belly. He is currently wearing 3 month clothing which fits him like a glove and also 3-6 and 6 month clothing which has a bit more wiggle room. He is still in size 1 diapers but as soon as I am done with the current package he is moving up a size. His eyes continue to look very blue so I am pretty sure that will stick. His hair has continued to lighten and his eyelashes also came in very blond looking. I think he may even end up with some wave or curl in his hair.
+(2).jpg) |
| Two months to the day |
He is a sweetheart and I think even from his pictures you can tell he is a happy and pretty mellow baby. I am thankful that he is doing so well. The Lord definitely knew my fears and heard my prayers. After surviving colic and reflux with the twins I was very nervous to experience that all over again. It is special getting to enjoy this newborn stage this time around. He is a joy and a treasure. We feel so thankful that we get to be his parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment