Eric is on the road this week, so we get to have nightly phone dates via
Face Time. Eric and I did the whole long distance relationship throughout our courtship and for most of our engagement. It was not all that long ago, only 4.5 years ago, that our relationship started yet technology has changed so much in that time. Eric and I each had to text using standard flip phones. Remember having to key through to each letter and needing to start all over again if you passed it up? Eric was so sweet and shy when it came to getting to know me so he would send me texts to test the waters so to speak. I finally told him to just call me because as you know the old school method of texting was tedious. And even more than that, neither of us had unlimited texting. It only took one month of me going over on my cell phone minutes and text plan, and I switched to the same service provider as him. Now we have fancy, shmancy smart phones and can text real fast with our QWERTY keyboards
and we can video chat. Can you imagine if we had all that when we were dating? Now that the babies are here it is a real blessing that he can see them and talk to them. It is so sweet watching the boys listening to his voice, looking for him and eventually realizing it is his face on the screen of the phone.
I bought a girly pink cover for my phone like this.
Eric and I were both commenting that the bonus of him being gone on occasion for work is that it often feels like we are dating when he calls at night. I feel shy and goofy talking to him. I get all nervous and excited about him coming home. I am thankful that it causes me to not take him for granted. It can be so easy in a marriage to take one another for granted, to get so comfortable with the day to day that we don't look at one another with the admiration and appreciation that the other person deserves. Eric is my husband but he's also still my boyfriend.
No comments:
Post a Comment