Friday, November 25, 2011

Triple Date

We got to go on a group date today with Adam, Ally, Alicia and Aaron.  That's a whole lot of 'A' names, huh?  It's a good thing Eric and I broke the trend.  Our little group represented the dating couple, the newlywed couple and the married with children couple.  The boys got to spend some time with Grammy and Grandpa and the rest of us adults drove up to the lake (as in Tahoe).  It was soooo busy with the holiday weekend but the weather could not have been more perfect.  It was cool and crisp but felt just right when sitting in the sun.  We got coffee and just sat outside and talked for a while.  Then we drove to Sand Harbor, walked around and took some pics.  After that we drove down the hill and topped off the night by going out for sushi.

Now let me tell you the background on the sushi.  Eric and I both love it.  Before we had the kids we would go out about once a month.  When we found out we were pregnant we knew we needed to cut back.  Then when we found out we were having twins we knew we really needed to cut back.  Needless to say, there were no sushi dates any longer (plus pregnant women are not supposed to eat it).  We made a commitment that we would not go out to sushi until our debt was paid off or we could afford for me to stay home with the boys.  Every time we would get something paid off we would joke that we were one more step closer to going out for sushi.  After Eric getting his new job and me getting to resign from mine, we still had not done anything to celebrate or commemorate all the happenings.  Fortunately everyone in the group was a sushi fan so that is what we decided to do for dinner.  We went to a local place that Eric and Adam used to love going to years back.  The restaurant had been sold and apparently went down hill.  Eric had heard that the original owners had bought it back and that the food was really good again.  Oh. my. goodness.  It was amazing and all that I had been dreaming of.  The nigiri melted in my mouth and all the specialty rolls were so tasty.  It was a great evening with my hubby and extended family with lots of laughs. My belly was so happy and full.  I should mention that Eric had eaten sushi when he was on a business trip several weeks back but that did not count for our little game because it was for work.  All I can say is that I think I enjoyed my sushi all the more because of what it meant, that we had reached our goal!
 
In the effort to get out of the house, I forgot our camera so for right now I just have some cell phone pics to share until I can get copies from the other cameras.

 This was on our way to drop the boys off.  The local ranches move cattle 
as winter draws near.  It is a fun reminder that we live in rural area and in a small town.
A&A and A&A at the sushi bar
 My man

I am enjoying this long weekend with my hubby and still trying to process that I do not have to go to work on Monday.  Eeek!

No comments: