Friday, November 4, 2011

Random Friday

Happy Friday everyone!

The jumble in my head:

-Eric comes home tonight after being gone since last Saturday. Enough said.

-I am trying to get my CEU’s completed for the biennial renewal of my Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) credential. California has specific standards for who can be a recognized provider of classes i.e. they will not offer credit for stuff I take in NV. I have completed two classes online through Cal-EPA because taking the time off and money to do a conference or seminar in CA is not really feasible. One more class to go and I am done...at least until I have to think about renewing again. There is no way I am going to let my REHS certification lapse however. That test was hard and took many months of my life to study for.

-A&W are starting to push up on their knees. They rock back and forth and then their arms give out and their tummy is back on the floor. I am kind of glad they are not crawling yet. I know I am going to need eyes in the back of my head once they do. My guess is that Winston will be the first one to be mobile.

-They are also sitting up pretty well now. Abraham can do the no hands thing but Winston still typically does the tripod pose.

-The boys’ sniffles seem to be getting better by the day. We were so fortunate that it was limited to their nose. There were some kids from church that had high fevers, cough and were throwing up. I am so thankful they did not get that.

-We got our first snow of the season that stuck. I forgot about needing to put time into the morning schedule to scrape ice and snow off the vehicle before heading out. I am so glad that I won’t have to schlep the boys around every morning in that weather starting in the next few weeks.

-Really missing fellowship with my church family these days. There is a BBQ tonight for the Teens and Twenties at our church but I am not going to make it for multiple reasons that involve the babies. It’s hard because their bed time is when most social functions happen. I know this is just a phase in life. It motivates me to pick up the phone or e-mail people more so that I can have some connectivity. I definitely look forward to being able to do more church activities as a family.

-Absence does make the heart grow fonder. I am really looking forward to seeing my husband tonight.

1 comment:

Krystle said...

I am so so so so excited for you to be a full time Mommy at home!!! What an incredible blessing!!!

I sooooo feel your pain about not being at church activities and missing out. It's been so hard for me, but their little schedules are so hard to work around and it's just crazy. I know it's a season too...I have to remind myself often. Thankful for Facebook and this blog!!