Saturday, November 12, 2011

Shifting the House Around

We're on the mend but more slowly than we would like.  Right now I still have a splitting head ache but I am awake and still writing because I really want to try and follow through with NaBloPoMo.  I have a greater appreciation for the fact that moms and dads don't get sick days.  The idea of getting to stay in bed all day in order to recover quickly is completely foreign to me now.  Laying on the couch and watching movies? Ha! I now also understand why it takes parents of little children so much longer to recover from sickness--there is not too much down time to relax except for naps.  And even naps are not synchronized in our house.  Winston was also so cranky today.  I am not used to my boys being cranky all the time like that so that was tiring as well. 

In the midst of sickness this past week, we bought an entertainment center off of Craiglist.  Since the boys are rolling all around and trying to grab for things, we knew that pretty soon with them crawling that we really needed to contain stuff better.  We had a hand me down TV stand that had sharp corners and was not enough storage for DVD's and speakers and whatever else needed to be hidden from the boys.  We now have a huge entertainment center that we can hide everything in.  We have been watching Craigslist for quite a while to find something we liked at the right price.  Eric spotted the unit and after taking a look at it decided it was a good buy.  He picked up it the other night with a friend and they got it unloaded at the house.  Eric's ear was really starting to bother him at that point and I know that it was not easy for him to get that unit moved in here with his head throbbing.  We had decided to shift around the rooms of the house turning the family room off the kitchen into the dining area, the dining area into a play area for the boys and the front room into the family room.  I am sure that is really confusing and I will post pictures to clarify later.  We got the entertainment center moved in and then the energy was all spent.  We got nothing moved or arranged yesterday because we just did not feel well.  We were pretty much bums all day but seeing all the furniture haphazard and the house a mess drove us crazy.  So this morning we rallied and got a bulk of the moving done...well, at least enough that we can move around without tripping over a baby swing or some furniture item. 

Tomorrow is another Sunday that we will be staying home from church...sigh.  I am trying to tell myself that we are just getting this out of the way early in the flu season.  Hopefully tomorrow will be even a better day. 

No comments: