I could kiss those little cheeks all day.
Winston had a difficult few days and it may been teething that was the culprit. He just was not his normal happy self. He has made up for it by calling us by name though. This is legit; the child is beginning to speak. I have noticed that when he is in the exersaucer and he wants out he has been saying 'mum-mum.' I thought it was a fluke but it was becoming more and more consistent. Then Eric told me he noticed it as well and that Winston was looking right at me when he said it. I absolutely love the way he says it. At one point over the weekend, I picked him up after he was calling for me and he immediately did his little open mouthed kiss to my cheek. The kiss is more like a bonk on the head but it makes my heart burst with love. I always kiss the boys' cheeks as soon as I pick them up so it's something Winston picked up. I feel so excited that he is learning new things. Winston was also practicing more of his 'dadas' over the weekend. It makes my heart so happy to see him looking at Eric and calling him by name. Abraham is still more inclined to say dada rather than mama and that's okay. I have just noticed that Winston is more verbal at this stage--using actuals tones and word sounds rather than shrieks or coos. So these little guys have their own unique strengths and that is exciting to see.
Cheers for my little Winston!
No comments:
Post a Comment