Tuesday, November 29, 2011

FAQs #3

Wow, you had two kids all in one shot.  Now you can be done.
or
You're done right?
or
Do you still want to have more children?

Oh boy.  I have heard variations of these questions soooo many times.  Those questions are very personal and quite frankly are nobody's business except for me and my husband.  Sometimes it is phrased as just an assumption and a declarative statement.  I started getting this question even before the boys were born.  People did not even give us a chance to adjust to being first time parents times two before bombarding us with the questions.  I was simply trying to get used to having two babies and was not thinking about if and when I was having more.  To give a direct non-direct answer, we are pro-baby and pro-adoption.  It is our desire to add another child(ren) to our family.  I don't know what path God will take us on.  Right now we are just enjoying the little guys that we have been blessed with. 

Aren't you scared of having another set of twins?

If I had been asked that when the boys were two months old, I would have leaned towards yes.  The bonus to having twins as the first born children is that we don't know any better.  All we have ever known is twice the diapers, baths, laundry, cost and crying along with half the amount of sleep.  On the other side of that equation is that we have only ever known twice the coos, giggles, smiles and hugs.  It was super hard those first three months but each month has gotten better.  Now I cannot imagine not having both of my little guys here with us.  I think it is absolutely amazing that God allowed us to have these babies and we would gladly welcome another double blessing.  When we found out that we had conceived twins, we felt it was very apparent that God wanted us to be parents.  If He was pleased to give us another set of multiples then we would be thrilled.  Besides, having another set of twins would allow us to perfect everything we learned the first time around. 

2 comments:

senner2+2 said...

Well said!

Krystal said...

What a great attitude. I tell people I wouldn't mind another set if they were born at 6 months :)