Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Midnight Hour

We just said good-bye to some friends a couple of minutes ago and as I was walking down the hall to get ready for bed I realized I had not done a post.  I am still on board for NaBloPoMo.  It is nearly the midnight hour both literally and figuratively but I am getting it done. 

We do not normally go to bed super early even on weeknights but we had a great reason to stay up even later tonight.  We got to have some friends, Josh and Sarah, over that we only get to see occasionally like once or twice a year.  The conversation always flows with them and I appreciate the versatility and variation of conversation between us all.  Tomorrow morning I am not going to be loving life when that alarm clock goes off but it was totally worth it.  Relationships and getting to know people is important.  It has been hard maintaining friendships these last several months with adjusting to parenthood times two.  Any opportunity that friends make to come over and hang out is always more than welcome.  It's amazing how in the course of an evening so many different topics can be touched upon.  We talked about babies, new parenthood, juicing, blogging, iPhones, church life, television, Craigslist, home ownership, Mormonism and who knows what else I am forgetting.  It's evenings and conversation like that that I thrive on. 

What makes you light up and excited about life?  I love that it can be something as simple as a nice evening with friends.

1 comment:

Sarah Rhodes said...

we had the best time with you guys! As we were leaving Josh said he was sad we were living so far apart... I agree. I've only known ya'll for a bit but I feel like whenever we hang out it's so rich! We don't stay up late EVER either (we're old! hah!) but it was so worth it to us also. :) Love and miss you guys, and know if you ever feel like a trip to the hot desert, we'll have a comfy place for you guys and the boys to stay!