I am really excited about spending more time with my boys, focusing more on my husband and getting more things done around the house. I just know that it is going to take me a little while to get into a new routine. The first week I will probably feel like I am on vaction and by week two will be wondering if I should be checking in with my boss. It is a weird tumble of emotions right now. I don't always like change. I don't like feeling like I am leaving things behind. Intellectually I am full steam ahead but emotionally I am trying to reconcile things. Pride can cause us to think that we are indispendable, that we are the progenitors of our roles whatever they may be. As a stay at home mom I know I am not going to be hearing, "You just did great work" or "What you just did was really important" from my two babies. The reality is that I am truly going to be doing great work, doing important things, in the lives of my children. There may not be recognition of that from them for many years to come (or never) and that's okay. Everything we do is done before the Lord so I do it for Him and not for myself.
Every time I hear this song on Christian radio, it reminds me that whether I am a working mom or a stay at home mom, I do every little thing for the glory of God. We can all use this little reminder at times:
1 comment:
So happy for you, Joleen!!! Congrats on your last day of work! :] May you be blessed as you embark on this new chapter of your life. I admire you so much for what you are doing for Eric and for your boys. They are so blessed to have you. :]
Post a Comment